If there is one thing that you may find irritating, is having a rash on your legs. It is easy to know if you have rashes. It is highly likely that some areas on your legs will be patchy and red. They are also very itchy so you cannot help but always want to scratch them.
A rash is basically an inflammation of the skin causing texture and discoloration on the affected area. The rash may be as a result of illness, irritation, chemicals, allergic reactions, insects, and animals. How can you get rid of a rash on legs fast? Well, if you would love to know how you can do it, read on.
1. Baking Powder
Baking powder has always been used as an effective home remedy for a number of skin problems. The reason it can be so effective especially when it comes to curing rashes is its ability to dry out the rashes within no time. Also, baking powder helps to reduce inflammation and reduces the itchy feeling.
- Add some baking powder to a glass of water. Make sure that the water is more than baking powder so that you can make a solution rather than a paste.
- Apply the solution on the affected area on your legs.
- Leave it for some few minutes to dry and then rinse it off.
Do you know the power oatmeal has when it comes to getting rid of rashes on your legs? This is one of the most efficient solutions mostly used on babies and children who get rashes for different reasons. It is also as useful to adults too.
- Add a cup of oatmeal in the water that you will use for bathing.
- Ensure that the oatmeal you are using is not cooked.
- Bathe with that water.
- You may choose to rinse with cold water afterwards.
After doing this for some time, you will start to experience some difference.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
The chances are that you have seen apple cider vinegar on other natural remedies list, so this is not a surprise to you to hear that it is also effective in getting rid of rash between legs. It helps lessen the itch that you may tend to feel on your legs.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Place it on the affected area on your legs.
- Spread it around the area and then leave it for some few minutes before rinsing it off.
You can repeat this three to four times a day until the rashes disappear.
4. Aloe Vera
Whenever people hear about Aloe Vera, they cannot help but associate it with the benefits that it has on making the hair grow thicker. But the truth is, Aloe Vera can also be used to get rid red rash on legs fast. It has a natural healing property that makes the inflammation reduce.
- If you don’t have the Aloe Vera gel, cut a leaf open and extract it.
- Place the gel on the affected area on your legs and rub it gently.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse using cold water.
5. Olive Oil
Olive oil is considered to be that oil than can pretty much be used for almost everything. Besides the fact that you have used it for cooking, olive oil can be used to get rid of the itchy rash on legs fast. You may choose to either ingest it or apply it on the affected area. If you chose to apply it:
- Mix clean olive oil with another essential oil like lavender.
- Place the mixture directly on your skin.
- Rub it on your skin for some few minutes.
Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day until you notice some difference.
6. Chamomile Tea
The properties that chamomile tea poses are known to be extremely effective when it comes to eliminating heat rash on legs. The reason to this is that it can help make an inflamed skin feel much better.
- Place some tea bags of chamomile tea on a basin of water.
- Wait for the tea bags to steep.
- Take a bath using clean normal water and then use chamomile water as the last rinse after taking a shower.
- Focus on the area on your legs that have rashes.
You probably have heard about coriander before, but you might not be aware that it is an adequate remedy of eliminating rashes on the legs. It can be quite useful in getting rid of flaky and itchy skin caused by the rashes. It calms the skin down and relaxes it.
- Ground some coriander leaves.
- Apply the paste you will obtain on your legs on the affected part.
- Leave it some at least 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off.
Do this two times a day until you can be able to get rid of the rash completely.
A majority of people don’t know that neem has got some properties that can help in eliminating rash on legs. It has analgesics; anti-irritants that can make the skin feel better.
- Add neem leaves to some boiling water.
- Steep it in water for like 20 minutes.
- Strain the solution.
- Leave the solution for some time to cool.
- Place the water on the affected area on your legs and leave it for 5 to 20 minutes.
Repeat this process several times a day.
9. Cold Compress
This is probably the easiest remedy you can use to do away with the skin rash on legs. Due to the inflammatory nature of a skin rash, ice wrapped in a cloth or clean compress can reduce the inflammation and get rid of the rash after some time.
- Place ice in a compress container or wrap it in a towel.
- Place it on the affected area on your legs.
- Leave it for some few minutes.
Do these until the inflammation lessen.
Just as the saying goes cool as a cucumber’ did not just come from the blues. Naturally, cucumbers are cooler on its inside that makes it a perfect remedy for eliminating rash on legs.
- Place a cucumber in the refrigerator for like an hour.
- Slices it and place the slices on the affected areas.
- Leave them until you feel the inflammation has reduced.
- You will know that it is time to seek medical attention if you rash do not heal within one week, or it is severe.
- You may want not to stay under exposure to direct sunlight as it may cause you to develop the heat rash.
- Eat foods that are rich in vitamin C; they may help you prevent getting a rash in future. Citrus products can be effective for this.