10 Ways to Get Rid Of Genital Herpes Fast and Naturally
Genital herpes women as well as genital herpes men are the diseases transmitted through sexual activities by the infection from the Type I and Type II herpes simplex viruses. The virus of Type I is the same which causes herpes in and around mouth including lips and face as it can sore genitals through the transmission of infection by the own hands of the infected person if not cleaned properly after treating oral herpes. If you’re afraid of catching herpes, you could just Find Nu Bay and enjoy your own company.
The virus of Type II mostly causes sores on the genitals only. Moreover, according to CDC or Centre of Disease Control of US, genital herpes is a common problem as one out of six Americans between the age group of 14-50 has this problem. In order to get rid of genital herpes effectively some natural home remedies for genital herpes are provided in this write-up for your consideration.
1. Cold Compresses
You can reduce the pain in the genital herpes women by placing ice packs on them. But to avoid too much cooling of the spot you should cover the ice pack with a towel while placing it on the sores. You can also try hot or warm compresses as some people do not get relief with cold compresses. Boiled water cooled to lower temperature should be used for this purpose. While applying hot compresses on the affected area you should soak clean towel in the warm water and wring out excess water from it before putting on the genital herpes.
2. Warm Bath
The soreness and discomfort caused by genital herpes men can be reduced by taking bath in warm water. The irritation on the skin can be relieved by cleaning it well with the help of heated water. It also helps in healing the sore along with relieving its itchiness as well as keeping the sores dry for longer time.
3. Use Baking Soda
It is one of the natural home remedies for genital herpes which can help in drying up the oozing sores. You can apply baking soda on your genital herpes with the help of a wet ball of cotton. The sores should be coated with baking soda by dabbing the cotton ball dipped in the baking soda on them.
4. Make And Use Lavender And Olive Oil Ointment
Genital herpes women can be healed up easily by using olive oil due to its antioxidant properties for your skin. You can make an ointment of olive oil and lavender by mixing one tablespoon of lavender oil and bees wax in a cup of heated olive oil. Remove the mixture from the heat after it starts bubbling. You can use it to cover your genital sores, when it cools down. You should use fresh cotton ball every time for this purpose.
This waxy resin made by bees can be used for soothing genital herpes men due to its antiviral properties as it increases the healing speed of the sores. You can help in soothing and healing up your sores by using ointment or salves containing propolis.
HSV sores can also be treated with various types of herbs. The discomfort, pain and itching in the sores can be relieved with ointments made of lemon balm. Genital herpes women can be treated effectively by combining Chinese rhubarb and sage in a skin cream. Reproduction of HSV infection can also be controlled with the help of a traditional herb, St Johns wort.
7. Consume Seaweed
Seaweed is one of the effective natural home remedies for genital herpes which can heal the symptoms of HSV infection, various types of seaweeds available in India and South America can be used for this purpose. You can add them in your stews or salads for medical reasons.
8. Drink Echinacea Tea
It can be used to reduce the severity of genital herpes men as it supports your immune system. You can drink 3-4 cups of Echinacea tea or use Echinacea supplements every day to get quick results.
Supplements: Certain supplements can also be used to reduce the pain and irritation along with the length of the problem of genital herpes women. The number of outbreaks of various types of herpes including oral and genital can be reduced effectively, according to various studies, by taking 1-3 grams of lysine based supplements every day for several weeks.
9. Take Anti-Viral Medication
HSV infection is non-curable as the virus remains in your body forever but its severity can be controlled by using certain natural home remedies for genital herpes. Antiviral medications can be used for treating the symptoms as well as reducing the discomfort caused by these genital herpes. Though they also reduce the chances of infecting other people but the risk cannot be avoided entirely. Generally these medications are recommended to be given for controlling the first outbreak but it also helps in control the outbreaks thereafter.
Dos and don’ts for treating genital herpes in men and women
- You should ensure that a fresh towel is used every time while wrapping ice pack.
- The used towel should be washed with hot water after every use.
- Use Propolis in ointment form only instead of using its tincture or capsules for treating genital herpes women.
- Take care of hygiene to avoid spreading of infection from your mouth to genitals. You should wash your hands after treating your oral sores.
- Don’t make sexual relationship if the virus is in active state in any of the partners.
- Don’t kiss your partner if he/she has blisters anywhere on his/her body.
- Don’t heat the mixture of olive oil and lavender too long as it can burn the properties of olive oil.
- Don’t use same cotton ball each time while covering sores with baking soda as it can contaminate the baking soda.
- Don’t use cornstarch as it can increase the chances of spreading infection as bacteria love to breed on cornstarch.
- Don’t use lysine, an amino acid, to control genital herpes men without consulting your doctor as it can increase the levels of triglycerides and cholesterol.
- Don’t use any supplement without consulting your doctor as it may interact with certain other medications used for this purpose.
- Don’t use antiviral medication without consulting your health care provider as they usually cause side effects like vomiting, nausea, headache, diarrhoea, dizziness, muscle pain and fatigue.