Pink eye also known as Madras Eye or Conjunctivitis, is one of the most common eye infection. The disease is caused by chemicals, infections, allergies and other foreign objects in the eye. If you’ve come into contact with any chemicals or hazardous substances in a laboratory environment, having use of a nearby storemasta eyewash station could help prevent lasting damage to the eye. The infection may come from bacteria or viruses. Pink eye is a kind of inflammation on the surface of the eye or the inner part of the eyelid.
Depending on the type of you pink eye, this condition may heal by itself if left for specified duration. However, if you would want to speed up the healing process and get rid of pink eye, there are various natural treatments available. If you would love to learn more about them, read on.
1. Barberry Plant
Berberis vulgaris also known as mountain grape is a plant that has got a long history when it comes to its usage as a natural remedy. It is popular in treating infections, digestive disorder, urinary tract infections and indigestion. Due to its powerful ingredients, the plant has a number of health benefits. Berberine, isoquinoline alkaloids present in the stem back, root and rhizome effectively fights fungal, viral, parasitic and bacterial infections. As a remedy, it is ideal for eyewash. To apply it:
- Boil it in water.
- Allow it to be cool.
- Use it to rinse your eyes directly.
Honey is a powerful remedy due to its antibiotic and antibacterial properties. When mixed with either milk or water, it can be a very effective treatment for pink eye. You can either choose to make an eye wash with it or apply directly on the eyes. Follow the following guidelines:
- Dissolve raw honey and an optional salt in warm pure water.
- If your water is not pure, consider boiling it and then let it cool.
- Use a dropper that is clean to place a drop or two in the eye after every few hours.
While dissolving your honey, be sure not to use very hot water as it might destroy some beneficial properties of the water.
3. Breast Milk
According to research, there are some particular antibodies known as immunoglobulin present in breast milk that is useful in treating pink eye. It limits the growth of the bacteria responsible for pink eye helping to end the infection. To use it:
- Squirt a little breast milk to your eye directly.
- To help the breast milk circulate into the eye, lift your eyelid slightly.
Continue using this treatment three times a day until the infection has cleared completely.
4. Raw Potato
Fresh slices of cold raw potato have also been proven to be soothing. You can slice some raw potato and place it on the eye several times during the day. It is vital that you repeat the process for about 10 to 15 minutes every day before you retire to bed until you get rid of pink eye.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
The benefits accrued from apple cider vinegar cannot be described in a word. It is one of the most efficient home remedies for pink eye. It is an extremely intense viral, bacterial and contagious executioner. Taking apple cider vinegar inside will execute any protozoa’s, microbes or infections that may be sneaking in your inner part. Directions:
- Take a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Mix it with one cup of water.
- Apply gently around the nearby eye surface.
It might somehow sting a little, but it is definitely worth it since it will help you get rid of the pink eye within a very short period.
6. Jasmine Flowers
Jasmine flower is not only helpful in reducing the pain in your eyes but also it is perfect in reducing the yellow color in your eyes. To apply it:
- Soak the flowers in distilled water overnight.
- Take the flower in the morning out of water.
- Press it tightly.
- Make some drops and put them directly into the eye.
To get better results, repeat this method frequently
7. Salt Water
Among the most well known natural remedies for pink eye, salt water is a standout. If you have pink eye, the possibility of you squeezing some lime or lemon juice in your eye is almost zero. So the best thing is a salt water eye wash. Directions:
- Heat up some water.
- Include a teaspoon of salt.
- Allow it to cool and then take a cotton ball.
- Wipe and clean the affected area.
For the best results, it is vital that you use either Himalayan pink rock or regular salt rather than industrially prepared table salt. Repeat this process a few times daily.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another breathtaking home treatment for pink eye. It’s additionally and an exceptional solid viral, pathogen and bacterial executioner. Regular application of coconut oil on the area affected by pink eye will not only help in getting rid of it but also prevents it from returning. Directions:
- First, warm the oil so that it can turn to a fluid.
- Apply it on the pink eye.
- Repeat daily this process before going to bed.
Turmeric is known to be a natural antibiotic. You will get a very fast result when you use turmeric to cure pink eye. Directions
- Take a cup half of warm water and let it cool off for typically room temperature.
- Add a tablespoon of turmeric.
- You can also add some salt.
- Put in the affected eye for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
You can apply it twice a day.
Probiotics are effective since they fight and kill the bad bacteria that causes pink eye. It does so by increasing the number of good bacteria in the affected area. Popular probiotics are kefir and colostrums (breast milk). It works best when you use it as both for inner and outer treatment. Just apply some few drops of probiotics to treat effectively your pink eye. Repeat this frequently until you completely get rid of pink eye.
If you follow the tips above, it is with no doubt that you will be able to effectively get rid of your pink eye. However, some forms may be more severe. You will know it is time to see the doctor if you have:
- Intense redness of the eye
- Moderate to severe pain
- Weakened immune system, for example, if you under cancer treatment or suffering from HIV
- Symptoms that worsens and don’t improve
- Already existing eye conditions that may put you at risk of complications