10 Ways to Get Rid Of Oral Thrush
A kind of yeast infection that develops on your tongue inside your mouth is known as oropharyngeal candidiasis or oral thrush. The Candida albicans is a fungus that normally found in human mouth in small quantity but when one’s immune system fails to control the growth of this fungus in a natural manner then it erupts in the form of oral thrush in mouth. This infection normally causes creamy lesions on inner cheeks or tongue which can spread up to the gums, roof of the mouth, back of the throat and tonsils if not treated effectively as soon as possible. If you experience this you may want to visit a dental practice for help. You can visit the Durham Dental website here or visit your local clinic.
Soreness, redness, loss of taste, problem in swallowing and cottony feeling are some of the symptoms that can help in recognising this problem. Though this problem can develop in any age but infants and old people are more vulnerable to it due to their weak immune system. Some effective oral thrush treatments are briefly discussed in this write-up to get rid of oral thrush as soon as possible.
The active culture of the lactobacilli species on probiotic yogurt can help to treat oral thrush effectively by improving your digestion. You should eat 2-3 cups of unsweetened yogurt per day for few weeks to get the best result. You can also rub yogurt on the affected parts inside your mouth d rinse it after 10-15 minutes once or twice a day for few days for quicker results.
It is another oral thrush treatment which you can use to treat various other symptoms along with fungus infection at your home. You can gargle with warm water containing to 1 teaspoon of salt several times a day for few days for quick and effective results. Salt can also be rubbed gently on your tongue and inside your mouth for few seconds, once or twice a day, for better and quicker results after few days.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is one of the best home remedies for oral thrush as the enzymes found in this vinegar help in controlling the growth of infection causing fungus due to its anti-fungal properties. Along with controlling infection it also helps in restoring pH level of your body and boosting your immune system. You can rinse your mouth with a mixture of 2 teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar and teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water several times a day for few days to treat your oral thrush effectively.
4. Coconut Oil
It is a good home remedy for thrush in mouth. It reduces discomfort by eliminating unusual growth of yeast in your mouth. It can be applied directly on the tongue and inner parts of your mouth with a cotton ball, several times a day, to get relief of the problem within few weeks. You can also keep a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth for about 10 minutes before brushing your teeth in the morning. You can brush your teeth as usual after spitting the oil and rinsing your mouth with warm water to get better and faster results.
5. Baking Soda
It is another effective oral thrush treatment as it kills infection causing yeast in your mouth. Along with treating your mouth infection it also neutralised acids in your mouth to maintain its pH levels. You can apply the paste of 1-2 teaspoon of baking soda in water several times a day on your inner cheeks and tongue to get relief from your oral thrush within few days.
6. Tea Tree Oil
It can be used to treat oral thrush effectively due to its antifungal properties. It provides quick relief by controlling the growth of infection causing yeast in your mouth. You can gargle with a mixture of 4-5 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of warm water at least two times a day to improve your condition within few days.
It can treat thrush in mouth by killing infection causing yeast in your mouth along with improving your immune system due to its antifungal properties. Its effect against candida albicans has been proved by several researchers. You can chew 2-3 cloves of garlic regularly or apply the oil of garlic on the affected areas in your mouth for few days for quicker results.
It is another effective home remedy for oral thrush as it controls the growth of infection causing yeast due to its antifungal and antiparasitic properties. You can drink 1-2 cups of cinnamon tea every day for few weeks to treat your problem effectively.
9. Olive Leaf
It can treat oral thrush by destroying thrush causing microorganisms due to its antifungal properties. But you should consult your doctor before treating your problem with olive leaf as its overdose can be harmful for you, you are already taking some prescribed treatment.
10. Oregano Oil
It can treat thrush in mouth by controlling the growth of infection causing yeast along with boosting your immune system. You can apply the mixture of 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a teaspoon of olive oil on the affected parts in your mouth at least twice a day for few days to get effective and faster results.
Dos And Don’ts For Getting Rid Of Oral Thrush:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day to improve hygienic condition inside your mouth.
- Never share your tooth brush.
- Prevent thrush by replacing your tooth brush frequently.
- In order to prevent oral infections you should maintain your blood sugar level, especially diabetic people, by observing it daily.
- Don’t eat sugary foods much as they encourage the growth of infection causing yeast.
- Reduce discomfort by sipping the chips of ice or cold water.
- Don’t smoke to prevent the worsening of the symptoms.
- Don’t rely on home remedies for oral thrush if it persists even after treating them for more than a month.
- Visit a local dentist such as Dentist Silver Spring regularly, particularly if you wear dentures or diabetic by nature. They can keep an eye on your teeth and help prevent dental issues in the future.
- Don’t put on dentures while going to bed to prevent the unnecessary growth of infection causing elements in your mouth. You should remove your dentures before going to bed and soak them in a cup of water continuing denture cleaner. You should clean the denture every morning before putting them in your mouth. If you need some advice regarding your dentures, be sure to bring it up with your Dentist Brewster in your next appointment.