10 Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Fast and Naturally
Stretch marks, also known as striae, are a common nuisance as they are clearly visible as pale stripes lying on the skin. While stretch marks are common in pregnancy, they can also occur in people who are building muscles or those that are experiencing hormonal changes.
Clinical studies have shown that susceptibility to stretch marks has a lot to do with genetics. If your mother suffered from stretch marks during her pregnancy, chances are you will to get them. The good news, however, is that these marks will fade away by themselves. In some cases they won’t go away without your intervention. Clinical studies have shown that it’s possible to prevent stretch marks from occurring and to decrease their appearance once they form. In this article, we will give you ten ways to remove stretch marks naturally.
1. Essential Oils To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- Essential oil is singled out as one of the most effective remedies for stretch marks. It helps in improving blood circulation in your body and ensures your skin receives energy and oxygen which plays a crucially important role in keeping your skin healthy and getting rid of the stretch marks. Massage it onto the affected parts a few times a day. If you’re not a fan of oil, you could use lotions, such as Scarmedix, to help minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
Other natural procedures such as scrubbing and exfoliation are also effective in making the marks less noticeable.
2. Loofah To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- Loofah is a specially designed sponge on the skin and is made from gourds. This sponge is abrasive and works by eradicating dead skin and other types of harmful debris from the surface of your skin. Use loofah in the shower every day by massaging the affected areas of your skin. If you take these on a daily basis, you should experience change within a few months. One would not guess that taking a shower is an important part of the process but it certainly is.
3. Aloe Vera Gel To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- Stretch marks appear when the skin lost its elasticity. Aloe Vera plant, with its mysterious ability to cure the tears in the layers of skin is therefore a perfect answer to help the skin regain its natural elasticity. To apply Aloe Vera, cut one leaf from the plant, rind out the skin and squeeze the gel. Apply it over the affected area on a daily basis and the stretch marks will gradually fade. Alternatively, you can mix Aloe Vera gel with vitamin-E oil and massage.
4. Egg whites To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- If you think eggs are only for bodybuilders, well not any longer. Eggs are high in protein and according to clinical studies protein are excellent in dealing with stubborn stretch marks. To do this, remove the white part from the egg, slightly batter the egg white using a fork and apply a substantial amount of egg white onto affected areas of your skin. Leave it dry and rinse it with water. Then, moisturize the area with olive oil. Do this at least thrice a day.
5. Lemon Guice To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- Lemon juice is an effective remedy for stretch marks thanks to its acidic nature as well as natural bleaching properties. It can reduce the redness of the scars and make them less visible. Cut a fresh lemon and squeeze the juice and massage it onto the affected areas. Leave it on the skin for 10-15 minutes, before rinsing with warm water. Repeat the lemon remedy every day until the stretch marks are completely lightened.
6. Sugar To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- White sugar is among the most effective and gentle ways you can get stretch marks off your body. It contains essential fatty acids which help to get rid of stretch marks. It also increases the blood flow to the affected parts. Simply blend one tablespoon of sugar, a few drops of lemon juice and almond oil. Apply onto the stretch marks and rub it for 10-15 minutes, prior to rinsing with water. Repeat this method every month or until the stretch marks fade out.
7. Water To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- The best way to reduce the effects of stretch marks is to tackle them from the inside. If you take 8-10 glasses of water daily, you will reduce the effects of the stretch marks. In simple terms, the prominence of stretch marks on the skin will diminish. In addition to drinking plenty of water, a well-balanced diet will also help restore the lost elasticity of your skin and make those unwanted stretch marks disappear.
8. Potatoes To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- Potatoes contain essential minerals and vitamins that help the growth of the skin cells, so they can help lighten those unwanted stretch marks. You don’t leave the juice on the affected areas all day, so don’t fret about its funny odor. Slice up a medium sized potato into small slices and scrub it on the stretch marks. Leave the juice to dry for a few minutes and then wash it with warm water.
9. Castor oil To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
Castor oil, which is often used to treat a number of skin problems such as dark spots, wrinkles, age
- Spots, is also effective in case of unwanted stretch marks and makes them fade away fast. Rub some castor oil onto the area and gently massage for about 10 minute. Wrap the area using a cloth, preferably cotton. Using a hot water bottle, apply some heat to the area for a couple of minutes on a daily basis. You will notice positive results after a month of this practice.
10. Almond oil To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- Almond is an excellent source of vitamin-E which adds to the development of the skin’s elastic. It also improves its texture. All you need to do is soak raw almond in milk until it is soft. Next, crush them to smooth paste and blend raw milk with the paste. Blend well and gently apply onto the area. Leave it to dry and then rinse it with plain water. Apply almond oil at bedtime so that your skin gets sufficient time to absorb it. Daily application will fade your stretch marks to a large extent.
P.S. So if you are wondering how to remove or prevent stretch marks, it is unnecessary to put your health at risk by going for big names on the market which in most cases contain chemical which may play havoc to with skin.