Shaving can often lead to the development of itchy, painful and unattractive razor bumps. These razor bumps are usually the result of hair follicles getting infected with bacteria. As a direct consequence, the skin becomes inflamed with red pimples. Unfortunately, shaving bumps are enough to make any man completely give up shaving and adopt a beard. If you deal with razor bumps and it all seems hopeless, do not give up hope. Using the right products and techniques can definitely help you get rid of razor bumps on face fast.
Additionally, you can learn how to prevent razor bumps in order to enjoy a healthy shaving and get that clean aspect you long for all throughout the day. There are many ways to treat those annoying bumps, from over-the-counter remedies to various shaving techniques. Here are the most useful 10 methods to get rid of razor bumps once and for all.
How To Get Rid of Razor Bumps Fast? (10 Tips)
1.) Aloe Vera Lotion to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
When it comes to home remedies for razor bumps, few solutions can rise up to what aloe vera can offer. In addition to healing your skin, this substance that is used in many creams and treatments deal with skin infections and inflammations, namely razor bumps. Just apply a small amount of solution to the affected areas, let it be absorbed and you can instantly enjoy the positive effects of Aloe Vera.
2.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
Due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, tea tree oil is highly useful in preventing and treating razor infections, burns and bumps. You can follow the steps listed above in order to apply it.
3.) Antibacterial Creams for a Cleaner Face
A very good solution to razor bumps are antibiotic and antibacterial creams. Applied on a daily basis, these creams can work wonders for your skin. However, make sure to consult your doctor before purchasing a certain type of cream. Additionally, conduct a thorough research before choosing a brand. Not all companies that manufacture face creams are the best for your type of skin.
4.) Hydrocortisone Creams for Less Swelling
It has been proven that hydrocortisone creams can help reduce redness and swelling. A good hydrocortisone treatment soothes irritated skin, alleviating that annoying itching and helping you get rid of razor bumps once and for all.
5.) Apply a Cold Compress to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
Cold compresses have been found extremely effective at getting instant relief from that burning sensation. When you apply a cold compress, it soothes the inflamed area, preventing razor bumps from forming. Try to splash cold water on your face or apply a cold compress right after shaving in order to avoid razor bumps.
6.) Apply Heat on the Bumps
Even though this might seem the exact opposite of the previous tip, applying heat on your razor bumps for 5 to 10 minutes will kill any germs that might try to find their way under your skin. Use a hot compress or a clean wash rag soaked in hot water and you will definitely be able to fight razor bumps.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar – The Perfect Natural Remedy for Razor Bumps
If you want to make sure you will get rid of razor bumps overnight, apple cider vinegar is probably the best solution. Its anti-inflammatory properties are amazing at reducing the itching sensation and any sort of inflammations. To top it all, the acetic acid in this substance helps to prevent infection. Follow these steps when using apple cider vinegar:
- Dab a clean towel or a cotton ball in the solution and tap gently the affected areas on the face and neck.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes to dry and then wash it off with plenty of lukewarm weather.
- Repeat three times each day or until the burning sensation stops.
8.) Don’t Shave Every Single Day
Prevention is definitely the best remedy for any condition. Razor bumps are no exception to the rule. If you are shaving on a daily basis, you are definitely more prone to getting bumps. Give your skin time to heal and try to take a few weeks off.
9.) Change your Shaving Technique To Get Rid of Razor Bumps
Maybe the problem is not that you shave too often, but that your shaving technique is not good for your skin. If you have been shaving in a downward motion, try the opposite.
10.) Use Cornstarch to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
Many people who have put cornstarch on their razor bumps for about 20-30 minutes have noticed outstanding results. You might want to try this method and enjoy a face free of razor bumps.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of Razor Bumps
- Rinse your shaver with alcohol and change the blade every two weeks: you need to know that razor bumps can form only after a shave, so you need to ensure that the shaver and the razor are free of bacteria. Keep the blades sterile and make sure they are stored in a safe compartment.
- Use a needle and tweezers: you might wonder why on earth you need a needle and tweezers to get rid of razor bumps. Well, you can use them to release the embedded hair. After you have sterilized these instruments, insert the needle in the top of the bump and coax out the hair using the splinters. Do not pluck it straight off, as it might lead to additional damage.
- Use the right aftershave: avoid aftershaves that contain alcohol. Since your skin is super-sensitive when you have razor bumps, you need to stay away from using alcohol or perfumed substances. In case you have any doubt regarding the composition of the aftershave, read the label.
- Consider electrolysis or laser treatment: lastly, if nothing else works, you need to put into practice the old saying: “desperate times call for desperate measures”. Depending on your hair type, you can pay from $100 to $400 to get rid of razor bumps.
Things to Avoid
- Do not let someone else use your razor.
- Do not squeeze the bumps.
- Stop rubbing your face.
- Do not apply perfume on the affected areas on the neck.