To put it simply blackheads are basically clogged hair follicles that are visible on the skin’s surface. Blackheads occur when pollutants, grime, dead skin cells, sebum and certain germs accumulate in the open pores and form a plug. Blackheads usually start as brown colored dots on the surface of the skin. Since they accumulate inside the pores, the excess oil gets stuck inside the pores and get oxidized. This oxidation turns the brown color to black. The most common places where blackheads occur are the nose, cheeks and sides of the nose.
Since blackheads usually occur on face, affecting the appearance, people try extremely hard to get rid of them in most natural and easy way possible. In this post, we’ll discuss 10 most effective home remedies get rid of blackheads on nose. Use the given remedies regularly, and you will be able to remove blackheads safely, as well as prevent further occurrence.
1.) Facial Steaming to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
This is one of the quickest and easiest methods to get rid of blackheads safely and naturally. Facial steaming loosens and softens the skin, naturally driving out the blackheads. Make sure you don’t take steam while the pan is on the heat source. Here are the steps to perform facial steaming in a safe way:
● Pan for boiling water
● A large fluffy towel
● Lemon rind (optional)
Boil about 3 to 4 cups of plain water in a deep pan. Remove the pan from the heat source once it has begun to boil. Put a few drops of lemon juice into the boiling water. Now get a clean thick towel and drape it on your head. Make a tent from your towel that goes over your head. Stay inside your towel tent for as long as you can. Once you are done, remove the towel slowly and wash your face with normal water. Avoid using harsh cleansers and pat try.
2.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Baking soda is considered to be the second best effective treatment to get rid of the blackheads. It helps your skin to get rid of all kind of impurities. Baking soda is extremely easy to use and easily available in any general store. Here are the steps to make baking soda paste for treating blackheads:
● Mix two to three teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of mineral water. Make a thick paste.
● Apply the paste on the affected skin with gentle strokes. Massage gently for 3-4 minutes.
● Allow the paste to dry for a few minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
● Repeat the remedy twice a week to prevent further blackheads.
3.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Cinnamon has many health benefits and thus, found in every kitchen. It can be used to remove, as well as prevent blackheads in a natural manner. Make sure you use the appropriate quantity of cinnamon to make the paste for cleaning blackheads. Here are the steps to follow:
● Mix one-two teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder to form a thick paste.
● Apply the mixture on the affected area before going to bed and leave it overnight.
● In the morning, use normal water to wash your face.
● Follow this remedy for 10 days daily to see effective results.
4.) Oatmeal to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
The combination of yogurt and oatmeal works great for keeping the skin free from blackheads and other daily problems. Oatmeal may not be the preferred choice for breakfast due to neutral taste. It can act as a great cleanser for your skin. Here is the step to use oatmeal for blackheads;
● Mix one to two teaspoon honey with tomato juice and oatmeal.
● Scrub the paste on your skin and wash after 10 minutes.
● Repeat the process regularly for 10 days to get clear skin.
5.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Lemon juice, also known as natural bleach and best treatment for face acne, can also help get rid of blackheads on nose. The vitamin C and nutrients present in lemon juice are good for almost all skin types. Here are the steps to use:
● Make a natural scrub by mixing salt, yogurt, lemon juice and honey.
● Gently scrub your face with this natural exfoliating paste.
● Use it every day for 10 to 12 days.
6.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Green tea is also considered to be a great exfoliator for treating blackheads. It is a rich source of antioxidants and known to work best with problematic skin. Follow the below steps to make green tea paste that can remove blackheads naturally.
● Mix one teaspoon of green tea leaves in purified water to make a paste.
● Gently scrub the mixture on affected area for five to six minutes.
● The scrub will deep cleans the oily skin and unclog the pores.
● Rinse off with lukewarm water.
7.) Honey to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Honey is known for its balancing quality which makes it good for both dry and oily skin. Regardless of your skin type, honey can naturally wipe out blackheads and make your skin look clear and flawless. Honey hydrates and tightens skin pores, giving you a much clear complexion.
● Apply a teaspoon of pure honey on your face. You can mix some turmeric in the honey for enhanced complexion.
● Leave it for about 10 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
8.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Turmeric works good for minor burns, as well as quite commonly used to treat blackheads. Regular application of turmeric paste can help you prevent clogging of pores and allow your skin to breathe.
● Mix turmeric powder with two tablespoons of neem or mint juice.
● Apply it on the affected areas.
● Allow the paste to dry for about 10 minutes.
● Wash it off with lukewarm water.
9.) Epsom to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Another most effective and natural way to get rid of blackheads is Epsom salt. It can prove to be a good scrub for your skin as well, providing ample amount of other benefits.
● Mix one to two teaspoon of Epsom salt with a few drops of iodine and hot water.
● Let the salt dissolve completely.
● Allow the mixture to cool down at room temperature.
● Apply the mixture with cotton ball on the affected area and allow it to dry for 5-10 minutes.
● Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
10.) Cornmeal to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Cornmeal is good for health, as well as your skin health. It acts as an abrasive that easily cleans out the dirt blocking, making your pores breathe in a healthy way.
● Mix one tablespoon of cornmeal with your regular facial cleanser.
● Use steam on the affected area before applying. This will help your pores to open up.
● Apply the mixture and massage in circular motion.
● Concentrate on affected areas.
● Leave the mixture for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
11.) Fenugreek to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Fenugreek is also an effective home remedy that can help you get rid of blackheads on nose instantly and naturally. Regular application of fenugreek paste will also make your skin glow.
● Make a thick paste of fresh fenugreek and water.
● Apply the paste on affected area and allow it to dry.
● Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
12.) Orange to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Orange is a rich source of vitamin C, which makes your complexion fair and glow. In order to make the best use of this fruit for your blackheads, you can use the skin. Here is how to use it:
● Peel the fruit and keep aside the skin peels.
● Let the orange skin dry for a few hours.
●Use one orange skin everyday to scrub off the blackheads from your nose.
Now that you are already aware of all the effective home remedies to get rid of blackheads on your nose, you shouldn’t worry about them anymore. Make sure you use only remedy at one time, to ensure maximum benefit. All these remedies will not only prevent blackheads, but also make your skin fair, healthy and glowing.