Varicose veins or spider veins are among the problems caused by abnormal enlargement of veins appearing close to the surface of the skin. They are normally seen on the ankles, back of calves, inside of the legs and thighs. The main cause of the development of these veins can be impaired blood flow due to poor functioning valves or pressure on the weak walls of the veins regulating the flow of the blood. The pressure of the weight of your body and the gravitational forces also play a great role in the occurrence of varicose veins. In order to get rid of varicose veins fast some natural remedies are briefly discussed here under for your guidance.
Many people usually worry about the looks of these bulging veins as they affect their personality along with causing a number of health problems like fatigue, pain, burning feeling, restlessness, tingling, heaviness or throbbing in legs etc. In some cases varicose veins are also visible on other body parts like face and hands etc. Nowadays, you don’t need to go into surgery to have your veins stripped, you can have a less invasive procedure that can get into the root cause helping you feel better about your legs, etc. The people over at virginiaveincare.com may be of service to you if none of these ways below are able to help you in the way you want.
Causes of varicose veins
In order to treat varicose veins effectively you must know the cause of their existence so that suitable treatment can be selected. Some of to common reasons of varicose veins include:
- Family history.
- Professions requiring standing for long time.
- Use of pills for birth control.
- Habitual constipation.
- History of problem in blood circulation or clotting.
- Hormonal changes during puberty, menopause and pregnancy.
1. Improve The Circulation Of Blood
It is important to get circulation of blood throughout the body to live a healthy life. But if there is some obstruction causing varicose veins then it should be removed to get rid of this problem. U can improve the circulation of blood in your legs by doing certain low intensity exercises like doing household work or walking with your dog etc. You can keep your legs elevated while sitting idly at rest to improve circulation in them. If you have to stand or sit at a place for long time then you should keep changing your position frequently after some time to maintain the blood circulation in your legs.
2. Reduce Your Body Weight
If your overweight is the reason of varicose veins on your legs then you should reduce your body weight as soon as possible to get rid of these unpleasant looking veins. You can follow a number of weight loss programs to reduce the pressure of your body on your legs.
3. Wear Compression Stockings
The circulation of blood in your legs can also be improved by wearing compression stocking. These stockings will squeeze your legs throughout the day and increase blood flow in the legs when you take them off. Though you do not need the prescription of your doctor to wear these stockings but still you should consult him t know how long should your wear them to get rid of these ugly looking veins.
4. Massage With Essential Oils
Many people prefer massage with essential oils for varicose veins as it helps in improving their blood circulation in the legs.
5. Keep Legs Elevated While Sleeping On Your bBack
You can also increase the circulation of blood in your legs by sleeping on your back and keeping your legs elevated. You can put a pillow under your legs to dispose of your varicose veins as soon as possible.
6. Increase Antioxidants In Your Routine Diet
In order to make your veins healthy and strong you should add more antioxidants in your daily diet. You can include green tea and a number of other fruits and vegetables in your routine diet which have antioxidant properties.
7. Take A Combination Of Citrus Bioflavonoid
You can reduce the existence of varicose veins on your legs and other body parts by consuming citrus bioflavonoid like grapefruits and oranges containing rutin, diosmin and hesperidin as their main ingredients. These ingredients will help in strengthening the walls of your leg veins, one of the main reasons of the appearance varicose veins.
8. Leg Toning Exercises
The blood circulation in your legs can also be increased, to get rid of your varicose veins soon, by doing some exercises that can tone up your legs like walking.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Many people also use apple cider vinegar for varicose veins as an effective natural treatment. You can reduce the appearance of varicose veins by placing a piece of cloth soaked in apple cider vinegar on the affected area at least for 30 minutes every day.
10. Eat More Spicy Foods
The fibrin, a hard lumpy substance around the varicose veins, can be broken down easily by including more spices like ginger, cayenne and garlic in your routine diet.
Dos And Don’ts For Getting Rid Of Varicose Veins:
- You should use sunscreen while going out in sun as it can worsen the looks of your varicose veins.
- You can cover up your body to save it from sun rays if you do not want to use sunscreen for this purpose every day.
- You can also avoid going out in sun, if possible, to avoid worsening of varicose veins.
- Eating too much salt in your food can also cause varicose veins, so you should limit the use of salt in routine.
- Instead of salt you can add more spices in your meals to make them tasty and helpful in reducing the existence varicose veins.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol as it can widen your blood vessels with the passage of time. The widening of caused by over drinking of alcohol can be a permanent effect which can increase the chances of varicose veins on your body parts.
- Don’t sit for long time with your legs crossed as it can increase the chances of the appearance of varicose veins by obstructing your blood circulation.
- Don’t smoke to get rid of varicose veins. It has been proved through various studies that the chances of having varicose veins increase if you are a smoker.
- Don’t wear high heels as they increase pressure on your leg veins and increase the chances of varicose veins. In fact wearing high heels is an unnatural position which increases stress of your veins.