Kennel cough is actually a remarkably transmittable upper respiratory contamination which affects dogs. In fact, kennel cough cats are also common in which case the cats are also infected. This condition must be treated quickly with the assistance from a reliable veterinarian for avoiding further health hazards.
Among the most common symptoms which can signify that your pet is actually struggling with this kind of respiratory issue, mention may be made of frequent sneezing, suppressed appetite, lack of energy as well as persistent cough plus a runny nose. In this article, we have mentioned six essential ways to get rid of kennel cough fast.
1. Chicken Soup To Get Rid Of Kennel Cough
Prepare a chicken soup comprising of chicken and veggies like carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, celery stems, and turnips. Consume this soup daily two times. This soup is packed with antibacterial properties which will help to eliminate the virus that is causing this infection whilst the anti-inflammatory properties will relieve an inflamed throat as well as promote fast healing. Besides these, chicken soup will also be able to keep your system hydrated for a long span of time and, therefore, this can alleviate the symptoms of the contamination to a certain extent.
2. Go For A Vaporizing Treatment
Have a steam bath at least once daily in order to clear the nasal blockages which can contribute greatly in reducing kennel cough. Taking a steam bath for just 20 minutes will help to open up the bronchial tubes which will eliminate the phlegm clogging the air passages efficiently. By taking the steam bath you will be able to spit out your phlegm each time you cough. This will help to flush out the contamination as well as the virus responsible for it very quickly.
3. Raw Honey To Get Rid Of Kennel Cough
Often honey is a wonderful ingredient for health as well as beauty. You’ll also use it for your pet’s illness, of course. Raw honey will help your dog or cat to become healthy once again because of its antibacterial properties. You only require offering your infected pet just a single tablespoon of honey two times on a daily basis till the infection goes away. In case your pet is suffering from a runny nose, raw honey will help to eliminate the symptom. However, for getting the best result, it is essential to use raw honey which is actually produced from honeycomb and pollen.
4. Licorice Root Tea To Get Rid Of Kennel Cough
This remedy is actually considered to be a fantastic therapy for the dogs and cats that are struggling with kennel cough. At first, blend 2 cups of cold water along which 1 tablespoon of licorice roots and boil this mixture. Wait till the mixture becomes warm. This blend of honey and tea must be used before your dog consumes meals.
One more way will be to mix a small amount of this particular mixture with your canine’s food.
Store the tea in your fridge for nearly 5 days. You may also use some other herbs such as blackberry leaves, sage leaves, thyme as well as elder blossom instead of licorice tea.
5. Essential Oils To Get Rid Of Kennel Cough
Another vital kennel cough remedy is essential oils. Several essential oils such as lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, oregano, and chamomile might be beneficial for your pooch to get rid of kennel cough due to their antifungal, antibacterial as well as antiviral properties. After mixing several types of essential oils, it is prudent to dilute this blend. This mixture should be sprayed into the air close to your pet and he will soon be able to breathe more freely and also will cough much less.
6. Reinforce The Immune System
A reinforced immune system will help your dog to combat against the bacteria and viruses including those that are leading to kennel cough. In order to treat kennel cough, it is imperative to include omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamin C in the diet of your pet. Vitamin C is known for its anti-viral properties and omega three fatty acids will support the canine’s immune system.
Other useful tips (Do’s And Don’ts)
1. It is not desirable to smoke cigarettes inside your residence in case your pet is struggling with kennel cough or any other type of respiratory problems. Also, you should not make use of any toxic cleaners since these can aggravate the condition of your pet.
2. You should also keep your kids far from the dogs and cats infected with kennel cough because this disease is very contagious.
3. A dust-free and healthy environmental condition, changing the collar of the dog, and regularly washing his food as well as water bowls will be very beneficial for the treatment of this illness. Your pet must always drink plenty of water, consume wet foods and he also should be kept warm as well as calm.
4. Make it a point to check your pet regularly by the vet for preventing as well as treating kennel cough.