Are you suffering from toothache? Do you want to get rid of toothache fast and naturally? If your answer is yes, then you are in the right place. Toothaches commonly happen when there is a cavity or if there is an infection in the gums. It becomes more painful in the central portion of the tooth commonly known as pulp. If you are in grave pain then you will need to contact an emergency dentist – there is an article on CareDash explaining how to do this, for those of you who are unsure. If the pain is more of a dull ache, then the below advice should help.
It goes without saying that toothache is at the top of the list for unpleasant pain. The good news is, there are several ways you can use to get rid of toothache pain fast and naturally. If you would wish to learn more about them, read on. If none of these methods help, it may be worth going to see someone like this Dentist in Citrus Heights to find out what the problem is and fix it.
Salt is commonly associated with some negative effects on our bodies by most people, such as gaining weight and high blood pressure. However, salt is necessary and helpful to our bodies. One of the benefits of salt is that it helps to ease toothache. It is quite easy to prepare this treatment.
- Take 2 or 3 teaspoons of salt and place it in glass.
- Add some warm water into the glass.
- Stir for the salt to dissolve.
- Take a gulp of the salty water and swish it in your mouth and then spit it out.
Make sure that you only swish the salty water and don’t swallow. Repeat this process any time you have a toothache.
2. Clove Oil
Among all the remedies available for toothache, clove oil is one of the best. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and even aesthetic properties that can assist in reducing tooth pain fast. Clove oil is readily available in many drugstores, health stores or at your local nutritionist.
- Add two drops of clove oil to a cotton ball.
- Bite it against the tooth that you are feeling pain until the pain decreases.
3. Guava Leaves
Fresh Guava leaves can help with toothache relief by reducing inflammation. Moreover, guava leaves are rich in antimicrobial and analgesic properties that can alleviate a toothache. Simply take fresh guava leaves and wash them. Chew them until you feel a reduction of pain. Alternatively, you can boil guava leaves, leave it to cool, add some salt and use it for mouthwash.
Myrrh has got some anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can help in killing bacteria from toothache.
- Simmer a teaspoon of powdered myrrh in two cups of water for about thirty minutes.
- Strain and let it cool.
- Rinse using a teaspoon of the solution in a half cup of water 5 to 6 times daily.
Garlic is considered a natural home remedy for toothache, as it can give immediate toothache relief. Most of us know that garlic contains an antibiotic and a myriad of other medical elements that are effective in slowing down bacterial effects. In order to relieve tooth pain:
- Mix some table salt with garlic powder.
- Directly apply the mixture on the painful tooth.
- Repeat this treatment for a few days.
Alternatively, you can directly chew some garlic cloves to reduce pain.
Onions do have antimicrobial and antiseptic components that can effectively control toothache. It provides relief from pain by attacking the germs that cause infections. If you are suffering from a toothache, you can choose to chew a raw onion for some few minutes to alleviate the pain. If you are not able to chew it directly, just place a piece of raw onion directly on the painful tooth.
Asafetida is an effective home remedy that helps to relieve toothache. It can treat dental problems including bleeding gums.
- Take a pinch of powdered asafetida, pour it into lemon juice and warm it slightly.
- Apply the mixture directly on the painful tooth for quick relief.
Alternatively, put fried asafetida with butter directly in the tooth cavity to reduce pain.
8. Baking Soda
Nowadays, people know that you can use baking soda to improve hair, skin, and health. Baking soda is also an effective remedy for healing a toothache. To apply it:
- Add some little water into the baking soda.
- Use a cotton ball to directly apply it irectly on the painful tooth.
- Repeat this any time you feel some irritation from your tooth.
9. Olive Oil
We all know how beneficial and useful olive oil is. Whether you are applying it or consuming it, olive oil provides health benefits from head to toe. It is a powerful pain reliever. To apply it:
- Take some olive oil and heat it.
- Allow it to cool until it reaches lukewarm level.
- Pour a very small amount in the ear on the side you have a toothache.
It is important to note that you should use a very small amount and should be very careful when pouring it.
10. Massage Your Hand With Ice
You probably might not know this; the key to relieving your toothache might just be on your hands and not your mouth. If you don’t believe this, try rubbing an ice cube on your hand between the index finger and the thumb. This part of the hand is normally considered as the L14 pressure point.
Research has revealed that this is the part that interacts with pain from different regions of the body. Research has also shown that massaging your hand with an ice cube will help in reducing toothache as it assists in reducing dental pain fast. It does this by causing cold signals that interfere with pain signals.
Additional Tips To Get Rid Of Toothache Pain
- If the pain is unbearable you should contact your dentist.
- Try flossing and brushing your teeth gently, it might help reduce pain.
- One remedy that people have been using and you should not follow is aspirin. It will just worsen your condition instead of helping you. Aspirin contains an acid known as acetylsalicylic acid, placing it directly on your teeth or gum will result in the corrosion of your teeth and the acid will burn your gums. If these don’t work out for you. It might be wise to talk to a professional such as a Dentist in Brooklyn to further investigate the source of your toothache.