10 Ways To Get Rid Of Gas In Chest Fast
The gas pains are known to be the one of the most common problems that the people today face. Most of the people suffer from this pain almost on a daily basis. Undesired sounds accompany this pain which can make one feel extremely uncomfortable.
The pain mostly occurs when the gas that gets formed in the intestine during the process of digestion does not get released from the body and instead remains within the intestine. One of the major symptoms of the gas pains is the pain that occurs in the chest. The ways to get rid of gas in the chest are discussed below.
1. Drinking Good Amounts Of Fluids
The gas often gets build up due to the poor digestion in the intestine. Drinking lots of fluids during a chest pain due to gas removes the food that is undigested. The foods that are rich in fiber is usually the cause for the formation of the gas which leads to indigestion and increased intake of fluids. This increased intake of fluids not only reduces constipation but also allows the gas to get released from the body.
2. Lie Down In Positions Which Alleviate The Gas In The Chest
To get rid of gas in the chest, one should lie down with his head kept in an elevated position. Rest in this manner for getting rid of the discomfort. One can also kneel on his bed in a way that his buttocks remain in the air and his head faced downwards. This position encourages the gas to get released from the body. While breathing in, one can also lie down with his two legs pressed against his stomach and try to force out the air as if he is passing out the gas. While trying to push out the air from the abdomen, one should make sure that his stomach is not full. One should try to be alone while trying these positions.
3. Positions For Lying Down In Bed
There are certain positions for lying down that are recommended by doctors for preventing the gas to get formed in the chest. These simple positions are extremely effective and help one to reduce the discomfort and pain in the chest. One is generally asked to lie down on his left side. It relieves the chest pain in women especially those who are pregnant and had a colonoscopy.
4. Gulping In Some Hot Fluid
Drinking a cup of hot water is a quick solution from getting relieved of the gas that gets build up in the chest. It is one of the quickest and user-friendly ways of getting rid of the annoying chest pains due to gas.
5. Drink Peppermint Tea, Chamomile Tea Or Ginger Tea
Hot peppermint tea work wonders during the chest pains due to gas formations. Chamomile is known for curing the gas pains and it also cures many other health issues. When brewed, this becomes an efficient reliever of the chest pains due to gas, but note to take it after having food. Ginger is by far the best choice for getting relief from uncomfortable gas pains. One can either chew a raw slice of ginger or can have some ginger tea for getting instant relief from the chest pains due to gas.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has wide health benefits and helps to maintain a good immune system. It is a great remedy for the gas pains in the chest area both for the chest pain in women and men. Only a few spoons will perform the trick of easing down the discomfort. This is to be mixed with water and consumed during the chest pains.
7. Baking Soda
Baking soda is very commonly used for getting rid of the gas chest pain for hours. A few teaspoons of baking soda is to be mixed in a cup of hot water and is to be consumed in sips till the condition of gas in the chest improves. Many people also try out potato juice as it also improves the gas conditions in the chest. Messaging the rib cage also helps to reduce the chest pain for hours due to gas.
8. Physical Activities
The wind that is trapped inside the chest and is causing pain can be released and the person suffering from pain can get relieved by performing some physical activities. One can also walk for a few minutes for getting relieved from the gas pains in chest.
9. Fruits Help
Some fruits like papaya are known to alleviate the gas pains in the chest. Papaya heats the system which prevents the building up of the gas.
10. Home Remedies
The charcoal capsules help to reduce the wind that is trapped in the chest. Eating mustard can also relieve a person from the gas pains. Cumin, cardamom, and turmeric also help in reducing the chest pains caused due to gas.
Some Other Useful Tips:
- Carbonated drinks are to be avoided as they increase the discomfort and adds to the formation of gas.
- The dairy products are to be avoided for the people who suffer from the problems of gas or chest pains due to gas as the dairy products are rich in gluten and these people are quite intolerant to these foods.
- For reducing gas chest pains it is recommended either to lie down on your back or on your left side.
- Having lemon juice also reduces the condition as the citric acid helps to break down the gases.
- A mixture of lemon and honey reduces the gas pain not only from the chest but also from the different parts of the body.
- The medicated ways of removing the gas pains from the chest are by taking antacids and antibiotics that are recommended by the doctors.
- Eating slowly and chewing correctly helps in reducing the gas pains as less amount of air is gulped in.
- Daily exercise works efficiently for reducing the gas pains not only in the chest but also in the different parts of the body.
- Foods that cause gas pain are to be avoided.
- Stress is to be reduced and plenty of water is to be taken.